Skip to main content

What the High-Fashion Dead Are Wearing This Season

Someone on Upwork is looking for a "Ghost Sports Fashion Writer." There is so much packed into this little job title. To begin with, what are ghost sports? I can only assume the ghosts are participating in competition. The sports world has taken quite a hit, but I didn't think we were at the point of having ghosts compete. That would solve the virus-transmission problem, so maybe it's not such a crazy idea. So, what I hear this person asking for is an expert on what ghosts wear when they compete in sporting events (please refer to my previous blog on overly-specific areas of expertise).

But wait a minute! In the actual content of the post, it says a "Ghost Fashion Sports Writer" is needed. That's completely different! Now we're talking about ghost fashion. What are they wearing this year? And the fact that a sports writer is needed to cover said fashion leads me to believe that there is again some sort of competition going on. A ghost fashion show? A "who wore it best" for ghosts?

Either way, I think I might apply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Non-Empowered Woman for Empowered Women's Blog

Just found a job posting for an editor position. The hirer describes herself as a "business coach for a women-empowerment brand. She plans to pay her editor $7 to $10 an hour. So, she's all about empowering women, but she's not going to hire an empowered woman, because no empowered woman would accept less than minimum wage for her editing skills!  It appears that there is, unfortunately, no shortage of unempowered women as 20 to 50 of them have already applied to the job. Didn't you people learn anything from The Devil Wears Prada?! Go watch it again, sister. After all, you would only be losing $15 of billable time. Get back to work empowered readers, Sadie

Wait, What Are You Looking For?

"Ghost writing autobiographies" Wait, you are a ghost writing autobiographies, or you're looking for a ghost to write autobiographies? Those are two completely different things.  "Needs content for teeth aligned companies" I am assuming you mean teeth-alignment companies. Or do all of these companies have perfect dental alignment? I didn't think companies had teeth, but I'm no expert. "Email newsletters, blog posts, and possibly email drip campaign copywriting (in edgy swagger voice)" In what? Am I supposed to know what "edgy swagger" means? Is that a term a lot of people are using?  "Responsive Squarespace Website for Infant" I don't think most babies can read. Or navigate websites. Or sit up.  "Dog product testor" Do you want a person to test these products? Or are you searching for dogs? You're much more likely to find them on Pupwork. Oh, never mind, you're looking for a testor, not a tester. Carry ...

Psst! Fifty Bucks for a Book Report?

Back in my day we just copied off of each other on tests, but students these days are much more savvy. They hire people to do their homework for them on Upwork. Nobody comes out and says, "please do my homework assignment," but there are usually other telltale signs that your potential employer is a well-to-do, lazy teenager—the details are vague, it involves a book that every high schooler is forced to read, or it's due the same day. Here are a few that just scream, "Please do my homework!" "Article on Mother Ignacia" "Two short summaries on famous literature" "Research report due in a few hours" "Religion assignment" I said most of them don't come out and say it's coursework, but that last one is pretty straightforward about it. Maybe they are feeling particularly guilty about somebody doing their religion homework?  Wanted—a two-page paper on plagiarism for my ethics class.