Skip to main content

Need a Proofreader to Proofread My Proofreader-Needed Post

This job posting is the perfect example of someone looking for a proofreader but also needing a proofreader to proof the job posting for the proofreader.

"A proof reader needed to correct contents

delivery is to help proofread our content to be sure of no mistake 

The freelancer should able to check,correct,delete,rearrange,copy edit,cut and edit 

Just setting up to edit a manuscript and to get to amortize over the course of a whole book but not to an article"

Right away let me say that I'm totally on the same page as whoever wrote this entry—you desperately need a proofreader.

Most writers/editors can figure out what someone is at least trying to say even if it's written poorly, but for that last line, I really have no clue. While "amortize" is a word, I'm pretty sure it's not the one they meant to use. And it sounds like the job might include proofing manuscripts and books but not articles? It's hard to say.

The job is being offered at entry-level pay, and in this case, I think that's appropriate. Really you don't need a seasoned editor for this type of writing. Someone just starting out could easily provide a lot of improvement. I mean, anyone who uses a space after a comma could easily provide a lot of improvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One That Got Away

I recently applied to and did not get a position posted for a "retro candy blogger." I honestly don't think I have ever been so disappointed by not getting a job. If I'm being honest, though, I really just wanted it so that I could eat candy at my desk all day and say I was doing research. If my kids tried to talk to me I could say, with a mouthful of jelly beans, "Don't interrupt me! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M WORKING HERE?!" I mean, I do that now anyway, but it's considered "bad parenting" instead of "a good work ethic."

Wait, What Are You Looking For?

"Ghost writing autobiographies" Wait, you are a ghost writing autobiographies, or you're looking for a ghost to write autobiographies? Those are two completely different things.  "Needs content for teeth aligned companies" I am assuming you mean teeth-alignment companies. Or do all of these companies have perfect dental alignment? I didn't think companies had teeth, but I'm no expert. "Email newsletters, blog posts, and possibly email drip campaign copywriting (in edgy swagger voice)" In what? Am I supposed to know what "edgy swagger" means? Is that a term a lot of people are using?  "Responsive Squarespace Website for Infant" I don't think most babies can read. Or navigate websites. Or sit up.  "Dog product testor" Do you want a person to test these products? Or are you searching for dogs? You're much more likely to find them on Pupwork. Oh, never mind, you're looking for a testor, not a tester. Carry

The Romans Finally Left! CANNONBALL!!

This job opportunity on Upwork is no longer available, which surprises me, because it means somebody actually attempted to do it. "Newsletter for Jewish Holidays We are a contractor on the pool business and we need a content writer to specifically write content for our newsletters that are sent on Jewish holidays. Need someone that understands the Jewish culture and can create connections between a pool company and Jewish holidays." Here's the problem—if you understand Jewish culture, you also understand that there are no connections to swimming pools that could possibly be made. Most of our holidays are about celebrating that we escaped persecution, eating special high-calorie foods, or celebrating that we escaped persecution by eating special high-calorie foods. Rosh Hashanah  What it is?    The Jewish New Year. It is one of the High Holidays. Jews who never go to temple go on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. It's like the Jewish equivalent of Christmas and Easter in t