Skip to main content

Emil and Lola

Can we just talk about this power couple for a minute? You've seen them, right? I have decided to name them Emil and Lola because, well, I just wanted to.

If you do a lot of tech research then you know Emil and Lola. If you often search for free photos to use in tech blogs then you know them as well. These two are everywhere! But why?

Emil and Lola are casual yet sophisticated. They are fun yet professional. Emil loves to put sticky notes on his head when he's in the office, and that just makes him so endearing. They both love working outside and in coffee shops. You would never find them in a cubicle. They represent the cool nerds in the world of startups.

I think Lola is so popular, at least partially, because she's a bit racially ambiguous. Have you tried finding stock photos of non-white business people? The fact that Lola could maybe be Latina makes her rare in the free business photo realm. Speaking of which, have you ever tried to find an image of an older business woman? It's impossible. There are older men, but I think business women get kicked off of Pixebay once they turn 30.

Anyway, I love Emil and Lola (and so do a lot of other people). I bet we would be such good friends in real life. I guess they are working from home now like everyone else? I bet Lola's home office is super dope.

Get back to writing everybody!
Sadie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Non-Empowered Woman for Empowered Women's Blog

Just found a job posting for an editor position. The hirer describes herself as a "business coach for a women-empowerment brand. She plans to pay her editor $7 to $10 an hour. So, she's all about empowering women, but she's not going to hire an empowered woman, because no empowered woman would accept less than minimum wage for her editing skills!  It appears that there is, unfortunately, no shortage of unempowered women as 20 to 50 of them have already applied to the job. Didn't you people learn anything from The Devil Wears Prada?! Go watch it again, sister. After all, you would only be losing $15 of billable time. Get back to work empowered readers, Sadie

Wait, What Are You Looking For?

"Ghost writing autobiographies" Wait, you are a ghost writing autobiographies, or you're looking for a ghost to write autobiographies? Those are two completely different things.  "Needs content for teeth aligned companies" I am assuming you mean teeth-alignment companies. Or do all of these companies have perfect dental alignment? I didn't think companies had teeth, but I'm no expert. "Email newsletters, blog posts, and possibly email drip campaign copywriting (in edgy swagger voice)" In what? Am I supposed to know what "edgy swagger" means? Is that a term a lot of people are using?  "Responsive Squarespace Website for Infant" I don't think most babies can read. Or navigate websites. Or sit up.  "Dog product testor" Do you want a person to test these products? Or are you searching for dogs? You're much more likely to find them on Pupwork. Oh, never mind, you're looking for a testor, not a tester. Carry ...

Psst! Fifty Bucks for a Book Report?

Back in my day we just copied off of each other on tests, but students these days are much more savvy. They hire people to do their homework for them on Upwork. Nobody comes out and says, "please do my homework assignment," but there are usually other telltale signs that your potential employer is a well-to-do, lazy teenager—the details are vague, it involves a book that every high schooler is forced to read, or it's due the same day. Here are a few that just scream, "Please do my homework!" "Article on Mother Ignacia" "Two short summaries on famous literature" "Research report due in a few hours" "Religion assignment" I said most of them don't come out and say it's coursework, but that last one is pretty straightforward about it. Maybe they are feeling particularly guilty about somebody doing their religion homework?  Wanted—a two-page paper on plagiarism for my ethics class.